"I Love You.": Complete Collection
(2012/Sentai Filmworks Blu-ray)
Picture: B Sound: B
Extras: B Episodes: A-
Mei Tachibana doesn't
have any friends and believes all friends will eventually leave and
betray you in the end. That is until she catches the attention of
Yamato Kurosawa, the most handsome and popular boy in school. As Mei
learn to love and what it means to have relationships, they soon must
face gossiping girls and others who become jealous of them. As her
life gets more complicated, she wonders how three little words "I
love you" can change her life so much.
"I Love You.",
here in its Complete
Mei was a doom and gloom girl, and she isn't the prettiest girl in
school, but because of that she is shrewd and honest about her
feelings and that is exactly why Yamato, the most popular boy in
school likes her. At first, she couldn't believe it and thought
Yamato was just playing with her, but soon he proves her otherwise
and they become boyfriend and girlfriend and become the talk of the
school. As their new relationships buds they face various challenges
and trials of jealous, hate, fear, sadness and loneliness. How can
the most popular boy end up with girl who is a nobody?
This series is filled
with drama, drama, drama, while the characters has wisdom and
understands the risk of love, it is one thing to have knowledge, but
another to experience it. A lot of times they have to deal with the
social acceptance, rivals and appearances. As the main female
protagonist learns slowly how to trust people and what the meaning of
friendship is, and in turn helps others around her and her boyfriend.
1080p 1.78 X 1 digital High Definition image transfer is about as
sharp and clean as any Anime Blu-ray releases we have seen to date,
which can be said for the other two initial Sentai series releases we
are looking at and posting at the same time, but this one is not as
sharp and clear as Little
despite being generally impressive. The
DTS-HD MA (Master Audio) 2.0 Stereo lossless mix has some Pro Logic
type surrounds, but like those others is warm, rich and just fine in
two-channel as well. Extras
include Mei & Marshmallow Meow, Japanese Promo, clean open and
closing animation and trailers.
- Mei and Kurosawa meets, and Kurosawa saves her from a stalker and
- Mei begins to have romantic feelings to Kurosawa, but then hears
about all the other girls he has gone out with.
You Trust Someone...
- Mei and Kurosawa goes on a date and runs into a girl he slept with
and learns more about his past.
- Mei is tested by Kurosawa's past friends with scars of their own
and learns what it means to sacrificed in the name of love.
- Mei visits Kurosawa's house for the first time and meets his little
sisters Nagi who gets jealous.
- As Mei learns to cook, Kurosawa takes up part time modeling with a
beautiful model which cause Mei to feel jealousy, fear and
Really Love You
- As Mei strives to hide her negative feelings towards Kurosawa's
modeling career she cannot help but hear all the rumors and gossip.
- Mei deals with her loneliness and worry as Kurosawa realizes how
insensitive he's been since he has always been with the popular
- As Mei and Kurosawa get over their fears and doubts, a friend from
Kurosawa's past returns, soon becomes interested in Mei.
- Megumi outcasts Mei in a game of girl's jealousy, Kai confesses to
Mei his feelings.
- As Mei and Kurosawa goes for a date in the amusement park, Megumi
faces her own fears and insecurities learns that friends are not
something you buy.
- As the seasons past everyone learns love is not perfect and to
learn from their mistakes.
"I Love You"
- Kurosawa gets a cold and as Mei tries to visit him they have a
series of just missing each other.
- Ricky Chiang