In The Darkness: Complete Collection
(2014/Sentai Blu-ray Set)
A+ Sound: B+ Extras: B Episodes: A
was a regular boy until he meets Kuroneko, a mysterious girl saves
his life. Afterwards, he is dragged into a world where he learns
'witches' exist, but secretly, they are a runaway government
experiment in where if anyone finds out about them is immediately
killed. As Murakami wants to help the runaway witches, he learns
more about people who created them, Murakami searches for a way for
them to survive. Murakami finds him self surround by beautiful young
witches who are hunted by a government organization.
who resembles Murakami's childhood friend has the power to move and
crush things. Kana who can see the near future and warn them about
dangers. Kazumi who can control electronics and Kotori can teleport
people. Kuroneko, Kana, Kazumi and Kotori soon become indebted to
Murakami and warms up to him and learns to trust again.
anime is a little darker and for a more mature audience because
characters can die and there are dead bodies and casual dismemberment
in a few episodes. While there is some action, romance and fan
service there is also bittersweet tragedy and love and loss.
1080p 1.78 X 1 digital High Definition image across all the episodes
stands as yet another demo-quality-throughout Sentai release, while
the English and better Japanese DTS-HD MA (Master Audio) 2.0 Stereo
lossless tracks sound really good and well-recorded throughout.
Extras include clean opening and closing animations and trailers.
I Wait for You
- Murakami meets Kuroneko, a witch who saved his life.
- Murakami meets Kana a witch who is able to see the future.
- Murakami learns about the pills the witches need to survive and he
and Kuroneko go after the pills, but the must fight a witch who can
turn back time.
- After barely surviving, Murakami, Kuroneko and Kana is joined by
Kazumi, a witch who can control any electronics.
- Kotori a teleporting witch joins the group, but then they discover
being hunted by another weaponized witch with a laser cannon.
Reason for Her Smile
- With the aide of Kotori they somehow manage to survive another
battle but then they must convince Kotori they must live no matter
what they face.
- Murakami searches for a way to make more pills. And he learns more
about the organization and their secrets.
Clue Left Behind
- Murakami follow a map with no names to search for the
- Murakami and the girls faces Nanami, a witch who can manipulate and
change people's memories.
- After befriending Nanami, but were unable to save her, but not
before she transfer her memories into Murakami's.
- The most powerful witch appears, Valkyria. Murakami and the girls
meet Hatsuna who can heal almost any wound.
- Murakami and the girls discover Chief Scientist Chisato's goal is
to resurrect his dead sister ...but at the cost of destroying all
life on earth.
Which I Want to Protect
- To save the world, Kotori sacrifices herself and Kuroneko unleashes
the final seal on her powers.
to do About Nothing
- The girls compete on who is to be Murakami's girlfriend.