- The Maxim: Collection 2
(2014 - 2015/aka Season
B+ Sound: B+ Extras: C Episodes: A-
the death of Kana, Shinichi continues to wonder if he is able to
survive, much less save mankind. As mankind begins to launch an
offensive, Shinichi fears it is already too late, the Parasytes have
evolved faster and smarter than predicted. Both sides are gearing up
for war, while Shinichi is caught, neither completely human nor on
the side of the Parasytes. Nearly all who found out about his secret
end up dead. How can he stop the coming war?
(2014 - 2015) continues the saga as Shinichi continues his symbiotic
bond with Migi the Parasyte, while he is now faster and stronger, but
so do the other Parasytes. While the Parasytes know of Shinichi
existence is an anomaly, they continue outnumber him and threaten all
those he is close to, but for the same reason, Shinichi is afraid to
reveal himself to the humans because he knows they will just dissect
him and turn him into a lab rat. Only Shinichi truly knows how out
gunned and out classed the humans are ...and only he has a chance of
this anime is based on an old manga, it is updated with the modern
times and culture. It follows the typical story of a tragic hero,
after a tragic event/lost our hero goes from zero to hero, gaining
super powers. The series comes to a climax/finale when the last
fight is that a Parasyte is no match against a human and his friend,
all very well done once again.
1080p 1.78 X 1 digital High Definition image transfer looks as
consistently fine as the debut season did, but the sound has one
DTS-HD MA (Master Audio) Japanese 2.0 Stereo lossless mix with Pro
Logic-like surrounds is as warm, clean and clear as before, but the
English DTS-HD MA (Master Audio) English lossless mix has been
upgraded to 5.1, which is nice. However, it still cannot totally
surpass the Japanese version. Extras
include clean opening and closing animation and trailers.
this time include...
- After the death of Kana, Shinichi is followed by an investigator
who was hired by the Parasyte Reiko.
- Shinichi captures and tell Shirou the investigator he's been
working for the wrong side ...he's been working for a Parasyte.
Wicked Comes This Way
- Shinichi confronts Miki the Parasyte, who has a few new tricks up
- Shinichi barely manages to escape Miki and Shirou's returns home to
find his family killed.
Adventure of the Dying Detective
- Shirou tries to take revenge for his family. He takes matters into
his own hands by threatening to kill Reiko's 'child', only to die
realizing she is more human than him.
- The police hunts down Reiko the Parasyte. Reiko sacrifices herself
to save her human 'child', proving Parasytes are capable of
compassion. Shinichi realizes the humans may be more worst than the
Parasytes, having killed their only chance at peace and is questioned
by the investigators afterwards.
- Shinichi manages to keep his secret from the humans. The humans
continue their plans to take down the Parasyte's HQ at the town hall.
- The police storm town hall to kill all the Parasytes. Instead,
they meet Goto, a body with several Parasytes in him and he kills...
- After the failed police attack, Goto vows revenge on Shinichi.
Satomi becomes intimate with Shinichi who then renews his spirit to
fight and survive.
- Shinichi attacks Goto and fails, Migi sacrifices himself for
Shinichi to escape. Shinichi decides to confront Goto without Migi,
but just a human who has knowledge of strengths and weaknesses
- Shinichi finally discovers Goto's weakness and manages to injure
Goto and rescue Migi from inside Gotou. He might be invincible on
the outside ...but what about from the inside?
- A year later, any remains of Migi seems to be almost completely
absorbed by Shinichi. Shinichi rescues Satomi from an escaped killer
and Migi appears one last time to help him save her from falling off