Connect: Complete Collection
(TV + OVA Complete Series/2012/Sentai Blu-ray Set)
B+ Sound: C+ Extras: C Episodes: B+
Iori, Inaba, Yui and Yoshifumi are best friends and they are all on
the Student Cultural Research Club. Suddenly one day, they begin
experiencing weird phenomenons including randomly switching bodies,
acting their heart's desires, and feeling each others thoughts and
feelings. They learn everything is cause by supernatural being know
only as 'Heartseed', what is it's purpose? Are they being tested?
And what will happen to their friendship?
series have been brought together in this new, complete set of the
franchise, following Taichi, Iori, Inaba, Yui and Yoshifumi as
ordinary high school students, until one day they discovered they
switch bodies (temporary). They begin not only to see through each
other's eyes, but also discovering their secrets, testing their
friendship, bonds and relationships. Taichi is the main self-less
hero and in general the all around good guy, but Iori and Inaba is
both secretly in love with him. Iori seems energetic and easy going
but she is basically living alone while, hiding she is uncomfortable
with mother's various remarriages and the having a violent father.
is the most mature and logical of group and realizes the potential
for psychological damage, and while she support and cares for her
friends she distances herself from them, because she is the most
sensitive to their feelings. Yui is a near rape survivor, she has
Androphobia (fear or men) and has learned karate to defend herself.
Yoshifumi is the all around playboy but he has a crush on Yui, he has
the least problems among his friends and he is basically serves as
anime was set in high school drama, there was potential for a bit of
comedy, drama and romance. It explores the what happens to a group
of friends if they literally are able to walk a mile in another's
shoes. It explores psychological/social questions, such as do people
treat you differently if you look different one day, or do people act
different if they can read your thoughts? Can you live in a world
when you can't keep any secrets or private? Given current human
nature and behavior, most humans would NOT tolerate people around
them if they knew they could hear their thoughts or feelings.
1080p 1.78 X 1 digital High Definition image on all the episodes look
really good throughout, even when we deal with separate production
blocks, color and detail included. Both the Japanese & English
DTS-HD MA (Master Audio) 2.0 Stereo presentations have Pro Logic-like
surrounds, but the English disappoints and the better Japanese
presentation (more detailed and accurate) still tends to miss the
mark despite being the better choice. Extras include clean opening
and closing animations and trailers.
Story That Had Already Begun Before Anyone Realized It
- Taichi, Iori, Inaba, Yui and Yoshifumi begin experiencing
(temporary) body switching.
- Taichi, Iori, Inaba, Yui and Yoshifumi meet the supernatural being
know as 'Heartseed' who is causing them to switch bodies for his
and Low Blow
- Taichi learns of Yui's androphobia and helps her overcome her
- Inaba confronts Taichi with the reality of their situation and the
dangers that could change their personalities or hurt their
friendships. Taichi believe it could also heal them, but Inaba tells
him, that is his ego and he wants to play the self-less hero.
Confession and Death...
- Iori ends up in the hospital and they are tested by Heartseed, are
they willing to sacrifice one of themselves to save Iori?
Story That Continued Before Anyone Realized It
- They bodies switching has stopped, but now they are facing the
phenomenon where they are all acting out their deepest desires.
- Afraid of their own desires and what they might do, Inaba warns
Taichi's desire to play the hero and help others could hurt them.
Then There Were None
- Inaba distances herself from her friends. Taichi, Yoshifumi, Yui
and Iori get into a fight with each other on their school trip.
Stop Can't Stop Can't Stop
- Taichi tries to apologize and repair their relationships and
believes that their desires can be control if they have strong will.
Heartseed confronts Inaba and she must face her real feelings she has
- Inaba confronts her feelings toward Taichi and Iori finds out Inaba
has romantic feelings for Taichi and is a rival for his affections.
Story That Began As We Realized It
- The group faces a new phenomenon in which they temporary revert to
a Snowy City
- Iori turns into a baby. Yui confronts her past and Yoshifumi
wonders if his own feelings toward Yui are real or Yui looks like a
crush he had on a different girl from his past.
Long As the Five of Us Are Together
- Iori & Yui are forced to regress to their past memories and
trauma; Iori is give a chance to change her past.
Down Day By Day
- Taichi and his friends experience another new phenomenon when they
are able to feel each other true emotions just a Valentine's Day
Nothing, Understand Nothing
- Tired of the phenomenons Iori distances herself unsure of what she
wants or feels. Inaba wants to disband the club to stop Heartseed
from messing with them. Yui decides to stop relying on her friends
- The club's presentation has been vandalized and confront the people
responsible. Inaba gets kidnapped.
- Taichi, Yui, Yoshifumi and Iori manages to rescue Inaba and forgive
each other and those who hurt them. Taichi and Inaba start dating,
Iori starts over their friendship.