(2017/Sony DVD Set)
B Sound: C+ Extras: C Episodes: B+
the country on the verge of civil war, lines are being drawn in the
sand between pro and anti-slavery between the North and the South.
As the Underground Railroad continues to smuggle slaves to freedom,
they must deal with the slave hunters that continue pursue them.
Early American heroes begin blazing their way history that freedom
isn't just bought, but should be fought for ...or even die for.
is about the slaves in the days before it lead to the American Civil
War, while the series had historical figures such as Harriet Tubman,
the story focuses mainly on Noah and Rosalee and the agents of the
Underground Railroad. Noah (Aldiss Hodge) is a runaway slave seeking
to be reunited with his love Rosalee. As we join in at Season
Rosalee (Jurnee Smollett-Bell) continues to work with the underground
railroad freeing slaves with Harriet Tubman. Meanwhile, the slaves
in the South secretly begin learn, to read, Southern masters fear the
slaves getting ideas of freedom and rebellion. The political debate
between the North and South becomes more violent and it becomes clear
that the South seeks to claim their runaway 'property' and revolution
series is, thus, about the Underground Railroad and what the people
did to get freedom. It shows a time when America treated slaves like
property and treated as objects more than men. While there were
slaves who would risk all for freedom, there were also slaves who
believed that if they serve their masters faithfully they would be
rewarded, being a slave is better life than poor and free. Any hint
of insubordinate or running away would result in fear, pain or
torture and being hunted down. However sometimes more danger came
from within, slaves who sold out other slaves to get a better meal or
to with favors with their master, this series truly showed how ugly
slavery is and can make people.
anamorphically enhanced 1.78 X 1 image on all the episodes are
stylized to be a bit drained, looking as good as it can in this
format, but the lossy Dolby Digital 5.1 sound is passable-at-best for
that older format sounding like the soundmaster has been compromised.
Extras include deleted scenes and gag reel.
this time are....
- Rosalee plans a jail break to help free Noah when the Court Justice
System fails, but things don't go as plan.
- After the murder of her husband Elizabeth struggles to understand.
Noah is captured by slave hunters. Rosalee helps a group of slaves
- Ernestine continues back stabs slave who come to her for help but
she is haunted ghosts if her friends.
- Cato believes freedom can be bought with money and power. And as
long as he is free, then nobody else matters.
- Cato uses his freedom and wealth to enter Philadelphia society.
- Harriet recalls her journey from slavery to freedom.
- Rosalee and Noah return south to free her family. Cato makes a
deal with Patty Cannon.
- It's Christmas, Noah and Rosalee plans their escape. Elizabeth
search funding for the Underground.
- Elizabeth begins to use violence to fight slavery. Cato spies on
- The Abolitionist considers arming the slaves and finally begin
fighting back against the slave owners. Cato draws Patty Cannon into